"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Top Five Hands I'd like to Shake Today, including yours

Recently my best friend Maral, who serves on the Speakers Committee for the Campus Events Commission (UCLA) asked me to name which five speakers (realistically speaking) that I would like most to see at UCLA. Interesting.

At first I went off on the obvious choices, the likes of LaChapelle, Leibovitz, Meisel, etc. Maybe throw in Natalia Vodianova. Haha who was I kidding though. She had said "realistically speaking" --what's that even mean here? I mean what's really realistic after you've had Pharrell Williams come speak at UCLA and potentially James Franco in one of your classes?


Anyways. For now, my five that you should know NOW:

  1. Jamie Chung of http://jamiechung.com, photographer/visual artist represented by one of the best photo agencies in the US. Who wouldn't want to hear the guy speak?
  2. Kevin Ma, Founder & Editor-In-Chief of Hypebeast.com. So we can all know how to be the biggest baddest coolest bloggers not in the business.
  3. Larry Page & Sergey Brin of Google.com or Steve Jobs of Apple Inc. To me these guys run companies that perfectly combine intelligence with art and creativity, while throwing in an appreciation for aesthetics. Apart from running my own talent agency, working for either of these companies would truly be my dream job.
  4. Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Been crushin on this guy before I even had a libido. Used to watch him in the waiting room at the doctor's office on that random AccessHealth program that they always have running in there. Next thing you know he's on CNN as the Medical Correspondent, and next next thing you know he's being considered for Surgeon General. Oh and did I mention he's a doctor?
  5. Last but not least, whoever the hell invented the SNUGGIE! Because I sure as hell want to know where to grow balls big enough to market something everyone was willing to bet money would fail. Come on and shove it in our faces! There's a wild idea inside all of us. Let the King or Queen Snuggie come inspire it out of us.


So there we go.

Honorable mention would definitely have to go to Bobby Solomon of kitsunenoir.com and duh, KANYE WEST YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


;-D
(my annoying new face in case you haven't noticed by my excessive use)


Anyway. I love meeting new people. Who will you introduce me to? Holler back with your top 5--





Things that came up today:
  • Lupe Fiasco - The Cool
  • the difference between jealousy and possessivity
  • double standards
  • The Strokes
  • Official Disney's "Ponyo" Trailer! Okay. I do not even LIKE anime. But God knows how much I love goldfish, the ocean, 2-D animation, Disney, and asian persuasion. This is going to be great!
  • Great pants by Billionaire Boys Club
  • This picture from my archive:

2 comments:

art nasa said...

Myron Rolle! Here's a short bio if you haven't heard of him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myron_Rolle

followmekanye said...

thaaaanks art! wow not only do i want to meet this guy too-- i want to flat out marry him!!!