"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Friday, August 21, 2009

The boy is fly


About a week ago my family and friends had the pleasure of attending a wedding, and taking a close second to the fun that is seeing everyone and having them oogle how old you've gotten, is of course, the fun that is seeing what everyone is WEARING.

Hands down, flyest guy at the wedding was THIS DUDE:

I've always thought Z was a pretty fly dresser, but he KILLED IT last Saturday with this jacket! I flat out told him I was crushin--





I want to go off on a list of adjectives, subtle, yet edgy-- (yes, I just called paisley edgy)-- but all of that would now seem like piffling compared to the just plain cool that oozed from the chill person that Z already is.

Z is what I like to think of as a thoughtful speaker, we don't really talk much and I don't really hear that much from him, but when I am lucky enough to catch or hear glimpses into his personality, it's allll good. I feel like his quietness with the voice of this jacket worked in perfect dichotomy. I definitely know a few guys that with their cocky egos (and mouths that run to match) would think they can pull this off but... no.

So thank you, Z, for putting this on and pulling it off. Keep up the great work, but most importantly, no pressure.

Z says: I got the jacket about a year ago at Macy's. I'm not sure if they still have that same jacket or not. The name of the brand is I-N-C. & I remember it costing around 110 bucks.


The jacket kind of reminds me of this Golden Porsche... (that's 20 lbs of gold sheets on the body!)


Out of control.




Just how we like it.



*I should clarify that I don't think the Porsche and jacket resemble one another, in fact I find them to be quite the opposite while one is overtly flashy and the other is an understated statement piece-- the jacket just reminded me of the Porsche because of the fine detailing upon closer evaluation.

Things that came up today:

No comments: