"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Monday, December 7, 2009

If you could have only one bottle of nail polish for the rest of your life, which color would it be?


The following was a question posted to me on my formspring.me account (totally fun!)


If you could have only one bottle of nail polish for the rest of your life, which color would it be?

I love this question! Not only because it has to do with nailpolish, but because I know it must have been a true friend of mine that would ask this question =)

...and it's a tough one! As much as I love bright and unconventional colors, I wouldn't want that for the rest of my life. I'd want a color that is just wild enough yet grounded enough for my nails to hold their own in almost every situation--whether it be a party or a med school interview.

So my first instinct was OPI's "Pink of Hearts"



After giving it a little more thought (picking one color of nailpolish to use for the rest of my life is a very important decision), I decided that as versatile Pink of Hearts is, after a while it would start to lack the excitement or edge that I'm usually drawn to unexpected colors for.

So, my thoughts then turned to a CoverGirl color I once had, "Rouge Coquet"--which I can't find anymore but this link gets the point across:
Edgy yet subtle, classy and versatile...

BUT

Apart from changing my nail color every so often, I've also adopted changing the nail shape. Short, long, square, round... and not all colors necessarily complement all nail shapes, in my opinion.

As much as I love Rouge Coquet, given the wrong time and place, if I were to wear that on long sharply rounded nails, I'm pretty sure the effect would be a little more dramatic than I would have gone for.

So at last, I will resolve happily to settle on a color such as Essie's "Steel-ing the Scene"

or Revlon's "Steel Her Heart"

to be the one for the rest of my life. I think it has it all--except a real "color", which I think would actually work out wonderfully in this case!

Great question!!

Ask me anything

No comments: