"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Sunday, December 20, 2009

So "Hard" to deny-- Rihanna Reigns Queen


IT'S HERE! I must post before I host...





Well everyone knows I love Rihanna.
I won't list all the reasons why (although I wouldn't mind)-- but I'm not one completely blinded by love and I can see maybe some of you would find a few things on my list arguable.

That's fine. But here's one thing I dare you to argue--

I love Rihanna if not for anything else but the fact that she is a true fashionista/fashion icon/"rockin this sh*t like fashion"-- and this music video, I'm positive, is doing the runways prrroooud.

"Hard" is pretty much a lookbook in motion, actually I'd say it's an editorial-- Rihanna's devotion to couture clearly makes it so, and not only is it just the pieces, but the fact that she is the first to see the potential in these upcoming trends, embrace them, and make them all her own that makes me love her and LOVE "Hard"--the video (Naturally, I love the song as well).

The girl knows whats up and she owns it.

The December Issue of Harper's Bazaar just stated "White" and "Utilitarian Chic" as two of the five upcoming Spring trends--

Let's see we got some Mariacarla Boscono in white lace by Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy...


And Rihanna...



And then my least favorite trend, Utilitarian Chic (which to me is a nice way of addressing worn out looking khaki material, but it's growing on me, slightly. Eh.) But Rihanna works it:

Some Jean-Paul Gaultier

And some Rihanna:


BY THE WAY

How nervous did Rihanna make me when I caught a glimpse of THIS in the preview for the video--

At the time I had nothing to hint at me there was a flesh-toned body suit involved. But there was, as you saw in the previous video-still, and I could breathe easy.

And I thought the play on the usual under-eye war paint was brilliant.

And this next statement piece, the last I will point out was my absolute favorite-- since I love the zany--

THE GIRL EVEN GOES GLOBAL!
The December 09 issue of German Vogue featured an editorial highlighting Chanel Iman rockin Minnie Mouse inspired headwear:





And as usual,
Rihanna's ON it--


And yet no matter how much one might argue RiRi is just following trends--the video is still all Rihanna. Bullet bra anyone? Bright pink lips? Come on now, that's my girl all the way.


--
P.S.
Just followin' trends? Who says. This girl is clearly a trendSETTER:

Even Lindsay Lohan and Lili Allen took a pointer (pointer finger) ;p



So now Shh.



Things that came up today:
  • Dark Chocolate Truffles
  • Blastulation
  • "Crazy" KC & Jo Jo
  • "Get Buck in Here" DJ Felli Fel
  • How awesome would a cover of Gaga's "Paparazzi" by Rihanna be???

No comments: