"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Saturday, January 2, 2010

That would be cool! PS I miss you Britney

Refinery29.com posted an awesome "Oh Snap! Our Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Shot By The Sartorialist" once-- I love these kinds of things as something I used to enjoy in TEEN magazine about whether I should date the Rocker Dude or the Preppy Jock, but these grown-up ones are so much better. It keeps showing up really small when I try to post it, but here it is anyway, and you should check out the actual article.

Next, I spent last night watching the Britney Spears interview on Primetime with Diane Sawyer from 2004, which I had never seen. It made me all kinds of upset, which usually watching anything "Old Britney" does. She will always be my Great American Tragedy. Anyways. As much as I love whats hip and happening, I think I derive more pleasure from reminding myself of the things that mean something from the past. (Which is why my "Things That Came Up Today" tends to feature a lot of oldies.) We don't always agree on what's new, for example, I hate Taylor Swift. But usually there's something about older things that make your distastes or appreciation for them almost futile, and you're left just reveling in the general follies (or not) that made life so enjoyable or interesting or just memorable from back then. Even if it was two weeks ago. ;p


Things that came up today:
  • Britney Spears on Primetime circa 2004
  • the nervous system
  • outdated cottage cheese
  • whether a new year's resolution to spend more money is that good of an idea

No comments: