"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Thursday, June 25, 2009

And the whole world has to answer right now


just to tell you once again,
who's bad.
"Dangerous" was the first album I owned in my life. I was four years old. One of my mom and dad's favorite stories to tell about me is how if I wasn't reading on the toilet, I was on it singing along to MJ playing on mTV in the other room. The slippers I wore around the house were referred to as my "Michael Jackson slippers," because I pretended the bows were actually tassels. One of the first conversations I had with one of my best friends, was about how we loved the king of pop. For the longest time when people asked me what my dream job was, I wanted to make music videos, like MJ's. I blog about them instead now. Someone has yet to do them like he did. A person I care about once called me the coolest girl they ever met, and it probably had everything to do with the birthday present I got them-- a DVD of Michael Jackson's greatest hits. Not sure if I'm still the coolest girl they ever met, but thanks to MJ I was, at least for one of the happiest moments in my life.

Here's to the way you made all of us feel.




No comments: