"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Saturday, July 30, 2005

You'll Never Go Over

Current mood: like i can fly
Saturday, July 30, 2005

You'll Never Go Over

Today my brother and i went to the park. it was amazing. we rode swings, which i hadnt done really since a very long time. i was just laughing and we were talking and we were swinging higher and higher and higher! my brother kept saying i was getting too high and that i was gonna go over... but i told him that i knew that was impossible. and he said yeah it was... but its fun to say that. and i agree. i like going higher and higher and believing that wow i'm so high i just might go over.

there was a family with two little kids that were sitting in the sand right in front of us as we swung. i could tell we were making the parents very nervous ... omg two rowdy high schoolers on swings with very very spasmodic feet.....

haha that was funny. at first we were swinging but then we started doing weird variations. like on our way up we'd start kicking and itd look like we were running up the air. and then sometimes on our way up we'd just click our feet together a few times ... just for laughs. my brother liked shaking his legs on the way up uncontrollably in the air like they were spasming out (i think that was the most freaky to the kids' parents muahaha), and then my personal favorite, on your way up, or on your way down, you just cross your feet.. and close your eyes.. and you feel like you have totally lost your balance. i know. it is SO WEIRD. but its fun.

i hadn't ridden swings in a million years. it was so much fun, and so memorable. my hair was loose and just going crazy. sometimes i'd see a lock of it flap in front of my face and it'd be all curled and i just felt like a kid again. i know i'm a kid now but its different. its harder now. but i just saw my crazy curls and i just imagined a little 6 year old girl with wild hair and not a single care. (my hair was actually straight and tame when i was 6 but hey i can imagine.) so there we were, on our swings, moving our feet spasmodically while laughing at eachother and yelling out that we were going to go over while i was wearing some ugly sweats and sporting my crazy hair, and there were a bunch of people there... and i just didn't really care. it was my brother and me and we were having fun, the way fun should be. without a care.

i wish that i had had a camera with me... but at the same time i dont care because i think i'll remember this random moment forever. i once told my friend that he hadnt ever signed my yearbook, he replied that he doesnt intend to either. he was kidding, but surprisingly, his answer hadn't phased me. i know i'm going to remember him forever even if he doesnt sign anything of mine ever. some things and some people are that special, that memorable. this swing riding moment was kind of like that.

Currently listening :
Take Me Out
By Franz Ferdinand
Release date: 13 January, 2004

1 comment:

Shadenonconform said...

All i'm going to say is that you are hella DEEP and an amazing individual. really. I love how you were able to appreciate the "random" moment with your brother. love it.

I want to go on a swing too...Haven't been in a while...bwah..