"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweat baby sweat

A lot of SHIT has been going down in my life recently.

Yet, I am the least bit upset. I wanted to share why that is, and maybe everyone else can find that strength. The strength to

a. not sweat the small stuff
b. turn it all into small stuff
c. embrace a little sweat

I ended up writing a poem, which I realize isn't the best way for me to really SHARE anything, because I am absolutely in love with writing convoluted poems. but I do think this came out much louder and clearer than usual.

what if i'm the only one that even thinks my poems are cryptic... anyways,

from the mountain top.


from the mountain top
there is one way left to go
down to "death valley"
and reap what you have sowed
in this place between two mountains
in the lowest of the lands
yields the fullest harvest
if that's conviction in your hands
if that's reflection in your sweatdrops
and a lesson in the stains
then thats wisdom in the wheatfields
and promise on the plains
and harvest was but a moment
of just fruits and germination
even the weeds you sowed will feed you now
as you make your greatest ascension



Things that came up today:
  • a poodle
  • a best friend
  • a flirt
  • an invitation

No comments: