"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Sunday, October 4, 2009

Francisco Garcia for me, Photography for you


This is one of his shots for the f/w 09 Talula campaign, modeled by Rachel at MUSE NYC.
I dig this style of shooting, which if you get a chance to see the rest of the shots , you might agree with me that it's very reminiscent of Juergen Teller. A little more demure (but then again I have yet to see the rest of Garcia's works hahah)

Besides that, I've been wanting one of those vests since a long time now. The hair is good and so is the quilted leather couch.

Pretty soon my co-conspirators and I at the UCLA Cultural Affairs Commission-Art Series will
be heading up a blog regarding all things relevant to Art in LA. We're thinking about calling it "Art LA"-- let me know if you have other suggestions. Until then, let this be your source of updates. So here's the latest:



"Art is not a thing; it is a way."
-Elbert Hubbard




Things that came up today:
  • Sam Sparro "Black and Gold"
  • Matisyahu "King Without A Crown (Live)"
  • John Legend "I Can Change ft. Snoop Dogg"
  • "decorating" the drunk and passed out
  • don't pass out with your shoes on
  • Constructivist art movement
  • Degrassi
  • Cultural Affairs Commission UCLA Fall retreat






















Irving Penn
Cigarette 17
New York, 1972
(one of my favorites, not featured in the exhibit however to the best of my knowledge)

No comments: