"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Friday, March 14, 2008

"Stam"

is the pseudonym i have likened to my good friend who i shall now owe the rest of my happy days to. thank you for telling me about this.

i have been known on more than one occasion to exclaim my great desire to be in a movie. i have these images in my head of old friends coming of age losing their grip on life only to realize through a panoramic moment the love and the simplicity that IS life. i see them climbing over to the better side of the hill and laughing, pushing, falling, smiling, jumping and then standing together to watch the sun go down.
i think i'm starting to realize that this isn't just the kind of scene in a movie that i would like to take a hand in creating, but rather, these are the moments in life that i would like to be living. i dont think i would need a story to my movie. i think i'd just want many clips of us sewn together in a gray tinted movie grain accented with nostalgia, a package of our moments of truth and youth for an eternity. i think i'd just want a music video.


that being said

the link, if you have not discovered by now, is the link to Jason Mraz's newest video, to his not so newest song, "I'm Yours."


I don't remember ever being more content with anything I have ever seen. I really don't. Not even "Napoleon Crossing the Alps". And you know how much I love "Napoleon Crossing the Alps". And as much as I wanted to watch this video a second time, I didn't, because-- well, I knew that I'd probably start crying at how much I liked it.

You know all those images that float around in my head of all the happy scenes in my "movie"... it was like I had seen them all come to life in this video. or at least the very precise idea behind them all. it really was just everything that i've ever wanted to see, and experience, and be, presented to me in this beautiful form for this beautiful song-- which already means a lot to me. (as i'm sure the song does to so many other people i mean c'mon who am i kidding LoL.)

Anyways. Goodbye, YouTube favorite-ed "Garden State" movie clips. I've found the real deal. And I have an idea. I hope that I'll be able to share it with you all very soon.

No comments: