"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Monday, October 8, 2007

You don't know what you've got

until you've gone for what you could have gotten.



If I could teach every good person in the world one thing, it would be what I learned from my roommate Sasha last year:

"Big Risks; Big Rewards"




to be free with ones expressions, feelings, and desires. Would you like to make some noise? Make some noise. Would you like to call me for no reason? Call me for no reason. Would you like to climb Mount Everest? Climb Mount Everest. (I trust that you want to climb Mount Everest on the basis that you are sure you are capable of doing so.) Are you dying to pay a visit? Pay a visit. Wanna hang from the ceilings? Go for that job? Hang. Go! Quit your facebook? QUIT IT!

take your risks

...to laugh in the face of whatever is awkward and "what if it's" awkward--for you? for him? her? them? who? what? awkward? forget the term. awkward is insecure. what may be awkward is what is insecure. let's grow up. let's take chances.
...to make the decisions that he or she (meaning you) may be unsure of--

to always think in terms of "big risks; big rewards."

this is what has bred my happiness


Last quarter, last summer, into today
though I have not always carpe diem-ed in the ways of big risks when I wanted to, which is when I should have, every time that I have done so has honestly, truly, NEVER yielded me less than big rewards.

True
that I am an optimistic person
and those of an optimistic nature may fall easily to self-fulfilling prophecies

but it is also

true

that the act of taking big risks

is not self-fulfilling--


You must do it to it.






And in the instance that there is failure. Or a less than expected outcome...

so FLIPPING what.
!?

we are all allowed "off" days. off days are welcome here and "on" days aren't numbered. so try again tomorrow. tonight? maybe you're on tonight. maybe it's THE night. How will you know?






goodnight.








"Do one thing every day that scares you." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail..." --Unknown





1 comment:

fishking81 said...

true, true, true..........