"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Friday, October 19, 2007

Those flashing lights come from everywhere

Lo Ling; #41 (Live) -Dave Matthews Band; 12:46pm; the Reeb-523; feeling: bloated, and content.


It's my birthday.

This entire week, I'd been feeling excited, though not sure for what. I was never put in charge before of my own birthday "celebration", though I've had plenty of good times putting on celebrations for others. So with no practice of my own... FOR my own, and no known other celebratory notice for this day, I really had nothing specific to be excited about. Except the number 19.

So as I was expressing this to my roommate Mary, she quickly shushed me, saying "Lo! It's your DAY. The day your mom LABORED for you on your behalf and STRUGGLED and SCREAMED and finally, and then, you entered this world!"

And I realized

I should be celebrating my MOM on my birthday.

And I'm pretty sure there was no screaming involved. My mom always explained that it was pretty simple with both me and my brother. Check the diameter, call for a C-section, put her out, cut me out.

But I definitely owe my mom for the whole 9 months before that day, on October 19th, 1988... at the hour of midnight and some minutes that only my dad can ever remember (that's so sweet.) that I finally entered this ... flippin ... WORLD. And I definitely owe her for the 19 years after that.


So heeeeeeere's to you mom. Happy Birth-giving Day to you.

I love you.










& the featured photo-




No comments: