"You Only Live Once" video still; The Strokes

Your own personal jesus


Friday, December 22, 2006

blondie said it best

Call me call me any anytime
Call me for a ride
Call me call me for some overtime
Call me in my life
Call me call me in a sweet design
Call me call me for your lover's lover's alibi
Call me on the line
Call me call me any anytime
Call me
Oh, call me, ooh ooh ah.
Call me my love.
Call me, call me any anytime.



nation : i decided i wanna call people more often
nation : and they shoudl call me
nation : i dont like aim anymore


im reading this book about/by andy warhol, called, the philosophy of andy warhol.

in it, he talks about how he would get up in the morning and call someone. his friend who he is on the phone with, replies that she gets up and lays there waiting for the people she wants to call to call her.


i remember the time when i hated telephone calls. its not at all that i didnt like hearing from people that i cared about, i just really couldn't stand to pick up the phone and hear yet another sad telemarketer on the other end of the line. and it always was. and i didnt like telephones anymore.

and i prefered aim. because theres no dealing with telemarketers there.

but that was a long while ago. before i realized how much better i felt when i took the time to call someone to wish them a happy birthday. i like how i was really able to concentrate on you, what you were saying, and not have to switch between the relentless AIM boxes that i finally might have managed to neatly organize on my desktop.

plus
i really enjoyed hearing your voice/s.


so yesterday i got up
and i called allen, who i woke up, just like the good old days. (its so comforting to know that some things never change. )
so he was there lying in comforter heaven while i was lounging with my own blanket on my couch, and we were finally able to talk on the phone for a good hour like we used to. and i didnt have to worry about crappy reception because i could finally use my home phone agaaaaiiin.

(for those of you that dont have my home number btw... please ask me for it.)

and then i called naime. i swear i was on the phone with her the whole day. which was cool.




i was on aim a little earlier talking to a friend. we both decided to head off, and he said he'd see me later, either at the friday shindig, or online.

i said okay


BUT!

i shoulda said!

orrrr we can call eachother.



and thats that. =)

No comments: